A New Era
Our Pathway To Success
We are guided by our ’True North’ - a reflection of beliefs, values and principles one stands by that will take you to where you want to go. At KICS FC, our True North must:
- Positively impact the club
- Help our employees
- Benefit our membership (foundation of the pyramid)
Back in May (2020) we created a ‘5-Part Plan’ that aligned with our True North. Furthermore, we used this time of uncertainty to prepare for the New Era of KICS FC. We built upon our established mission and defined our vision for the next 5 years, identifying areas for improvement and opportunity and developing and executing major advancements in our programming that will elevate the club and guide us toward this vision. Our vision is for KICS FC to become the most dynamic, diverse, elite, and professional youth soccer organization in the Midwest. The 5 areas we will focus on are:
- Hiring and retaining the high caliber coaching staff
- Providing rigorous training
- Expanding elite training facilities
- Establishing grassroots recruitment
- Increasing level of competition for maximum player exposure
To become the most dynamic, diverse, elite, and professional youth soccer organization in the Midwest
Setting The Standards & Getting to Work
A few of our recent changes include:
- Establishing a Director of Coaching to expand on hiring and retaining our pool of high caliber coaching staff, with specific focus on established high school, college and professional experience.
- Hiring a new Technical Director to elevate our coaching development and promote more rigorous and consistent training sessions across all age groups and levels.
- We expanded to some of the top training facilities in Chicago! Our playing fields now include Saint Ignatius College Prep (Turf), Dunbar Park (Turf/Grass), Jones College Prep (Turf), UIC (Turf), Saint Patrick High School (Turf), Evergreen Park High School (Turf) and De La Salle Institute (Turf). Additionally, training turf was installed at our KICS FC headquarters to serve as the foundation for coaching development and virtual learning.
- We began establishing grassroots player recruitment across clinics, ID camps and expanded our footprint in the City with KICS FC North and South Programming. By increasing the player pools, we are creating more stimulating and challenging environments for our players to learn, develop and succeed.
- While we cannot control the status of competition and events right now, we will be participating in some of the most distinguished competitions available in USYS and US Club platforms, including the National Premier League, Women's National Premier League, National Midwest Conference, President and State Cups. We will be selective with our college showcase events and identify the ones that are best suited for our athletes to maximize exposure to college coaches.
Passion & Commitment
Honesty & Openness
Leading Through Uncertainty
We are making outstanding progress as a club in spite of the pandemic. I remain committed to you and your families and to the success of the young men and women representing KICS FC. I am truly humbled by your support, grateful for your commitment to the club and thankful for your continued membership through these challenging times. I am proud of our work and honored to lead this team of highly skilled coaches and talented young players into the New Era.
Coach Matt Miller
Founder and Academy Director